The latest from MiCN
NATIONAL CULTURAL POLICY
The federal Arts Minister recently announced the Creative Australia policy, Australia's first comprehensive cultural policy in almost 20 years. Our coverage and response is here:
- Part 1: Music Rundown
- Part 2: Music in Communities Network Response
- Part 3: Response - Modernise Funding & Support
- Part 4: Response - Social and Economic Dividend
- Part 5: What do we know about Creative Young Stars?
- You can also read blog posts about Creative Young Stars and "Tolerance"
MUSIC AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
A major focus of our activities at the moment is the interation between local government and music. Recently we've been involved in the NSW Local Government Arts & Culture Summit, the City of Sydney Live Music Taskforce, and we chaired a panel and discussion session about Local Government at our most recent conference.
Read our summary of what's happening in live music policy.
Our School-Community Links Project continues this year, with an interesting project to launch very soon. This year we'll also be doing more grassroots research, the IMC World Forum on Music is coming to Australia for the first time, we have a new CEO, and there's plenty more to come!
If you're part of a community music group, why not join the network? Click here fore more information.