Who hires a Conductor?
One of the advantages of our national network of community-based music makers (not to mention the wider industry network of the Music Council of Australia) is being able to find answers to questions from our members.
This month's question is about community groups (the question came from an orchestra) hiring conductors for a concert.
- Do you engage professional arts workers / educators / conductors to work with your community group?
- Do you use a formal contract?
- Are there any good (or not so good) experiences with contracting conductors that you can share?
- Does your group have a simple contract that you would be willing to share?
- Do you have set rates of payment?