Have Your Say: QLD Arts Strategy
They're interested in your support for, and feedback about, the key aspects of the proposed strategy:
- 'Reform the arts investment model' (ie. change the structure and activities of Arts Queensland)
- 'Develop the entrepreneurial and enterprising capacity of the arts sector'(ie. encouraging arts organisations to get more philanthropy & sponsorship)
- 'Grow great cultural events and experiences' (specific initiatives, eg. "Super Star Fund", "Playing Queensland Fund")
- 'Build arts partnerships with other sectors' (eg. Arts & Health, Arts & Disability, education)
- 'Promote and celebrate artists and their work' (eg. "more artists in non-arts venues" - community music already does that!)
This is a rare, and fairly simple, opportunity to have your say about a government arts strategy. Perhaps you can tell them what kind of support community music could use, and which of these priorities are most likely (or least likely) to support what you do.