School Facilities: Agreements

Written Agreements

In most cases, the Principal has the authority to enter into an agreement for community use of the school's facilities. In some cases the school council needs to be involved.

Tasmania and Queensland, at the moment, have the least accessible departmental guidelines. In some cases (NSW, VIC) you will be able to access the forms required.

StateWritten Agreement
NSW Two types of agreement – Community Use; Licence/ Lease Agreements. Forms available on website.
You must negotiate the agreement with the principal.
Maximum of 12 months

Three types Forms available. You must negotiate with School Councils.

  • Hire agreements:
  • Licence agreements:
  • Development and joint use agreements (see notes)


Policy / Form available from schools but not on public website.
Principal must negotiate the agreement


Contact individual schools directly to make bookings or to obtain further information.

SA Written agreements available on website. Principals grant the use of school premises after consultation with and the agreement of the school council.

Policy available on website

You must negotiate with the principal and a representative of the user group.
Principals are authorised to enter into contracts for up to a value of $20 000.


The school principal is responsible for consulting and seeking approval from the school council for hiring facilities.

< Community Use of School Facilities | BER Halls >

Music-Count-Us-InMiCN Logo 35kbThis is part of the School-Community Links Project, an initiative of the Music in Communities Network and Music: Count Us In.